Tuesday 13 November 2012

EATING : Hoxton Beach Falafel

Falafels for lunch?

                              

Working just off Old street, I'm a 10min walk from White Cross Street Market - a food market that comes to life every weekday lunch time. Here you will find delicious treats from almost every cuisine imaginable, closely followed by hungry city boys and East London hipsters. The best of these stalls in my view, has to be the Hoxton Beach Falafel stand. 

I'm sure you know what a Falafel is, but if not... 

Served all across the arab world, a Falafel - with all the trimmings, is a low cost and filling lunch that puts McDonalds to shame. These bad boys contain organic chickpeas, cumin, garlic, dill, parsley, tahini (sesame paste), salted gherkins, parsley lettuce, tomato ( I always ask for extra) and, of course - chilli sauce.
You'll Find the stall half way down the market (It'll be the one with the biggest que and the Aubergine drawn on a the chalk board).

This guy makes 250 of these Falafels an hour...
seriously impressive!



I go for the small in a box, Amelia went for the wrap ... 
And here it is...



It's on every weekday, and soooo good - If you can, Go! 

P.S
I've found a really delicious looking recipe on a fab american website, TheShiska.com Let me know if you try it out!


xx O xx

1 comment:

  1. wow! it looks amazing i want to try one.

    ReplyDelete